We all know how important it is to clean and wash our face in the morning and at night before bedtime. Oil, dirt, dust and bacteria are easily trapped beneath the surface of the skin, which can lead to increased breakout activity, sensitivity and dull appearance.
But what do you wash your face with? If you use a bar soap, you may want to ditch it and switch to a non-toxic liquid cleanser. And here's why.
1. It Alters the Skin's Normal pH - A bar soap can disrupt your skin’s normal pH balance, because most formulations tend to be alkaline (higher pH) compared with your skin, which is normally slightly acidic (lower pH).
2. It Can Lead to Increased Acne and Breakouts - An alkaline environment encourages the growth of acne-causing bacteria and using a bar soap as facial cleanser can make breakouts worse. Another reason why mantaining a slightly acidic pH will help your skin look healthier.
3. It Dries Your Skin - The higher pH disrupts your skin’s natural barrier function, so water evaporates more quickly and dry skin becomes even drier. Not only you should use a gentle cleanser to balance your skin, you should also moisturize it after each wash.
4. It's Harsh On Sensitive Skin - Soap bars contain sodium lauryl sulfate, a common skin irritant. Fragrances are also contained in most bars. Not a good idea, particularly if your skin is sensitive or gets red and itchy easily.
5. It Attracts Germs and Bacteria - Slimy, wet bar soaps are usually exposed to air, dust and water, creating the perfect environment for germs and bacteria to proliferate. Although it's unlikely a used bar soap will cause a skin infection, it's not the most hygienic solution.
Tip! Wash your face daily - in the morning and before bedtime - but not too often.
So, Are Liquid Cleansers Better Alternatives?
Skin Type: Normal, Combination. This vitamin enriched organic foaming natural face wash thoroughly cleans and restores balance. It is formulated for all skin types and includes organic ingredients. Anise extract promotes a healthy, glowing complexion with natural moisturizing factors such as Wheat Germ and Anisum Fruit Oils leave the skin smooth and revitalized.
Skin Type: Oily, Combination. This foaming cleanser helps restore the balance of oily skin. It's a gentle, organic and natural face wash that cleans and purifies while retaining the skin’s natural moisture balance. Infused with organic ingredients, like Grapefruit and Apple Cider Vinegar, it establishes an antiseptic base with ultra calming agents of Plantain, Echinacea and Burdock Root.
Skin Type: All skin types. Sunflower and Organic Jojoba Oils enhance hydration in this emulsifying cleanser specifically formulated for dry and normal skin types. Soothing Aloe, Oat Flour and Seabuckthorn Oil nourish and moisturize while promoting radiant skin, without leaving an oily residue.
Skin Type: Sensitive, allergenic, rosacea. This ultra mild, fragrance-free, organic face wash is ideal for sensitive and rosacea prone skin. It effectively and gently washes away impurities without the use of harsh chemical irritants and surfactants. It also protects highly sensitive skin against UV damage and promotes healthy circulation, providing a cool, soothing effect.
Which of our nontoxic Cleansers would you choose this fall? Follow us and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. And to access our special deals and discounts, sign up to our VIP mailing list. Here’s to fresh, clean and clear skin!